At Best Cleaners, it is our goal to be active members of our community, and both the owners and employees believe it is our privilege to invest our time, money and dry cleaning services in local charitable and civic organizations. Co-owner Catherine McCann participates on the board of the the American Red Cross of Northeastern New York, and Tim McCann, Co-owner, sits on the Board of the Albany Chamber of Commerce. Since 2007, the employees at Best Cleaners have teamed up to walk for the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation and the American Cancer Society.
In addition to being involved on an individual and team level, Best Cleaners has made a donation of time, money, or services to:
- Albany Medical Center
- Seton Health
- Lance Armstrong Foundation
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Regional Food Bank: Chef’s & Vintners Harvest Dinner
- Commission for Economic Opportunity
- Trout Unlimited
- Delmar Farmer’s Market
- Colonie Elks Association
- Bethlehem Youth Soccer
- Colonie Youth Center
- Delmar Rotary Foundation
- Cinderella Project
- North Colonie Youth Baseball
- NYS Troopers Benefit Fund (Brinkerhoff Charity)
- St. Gregory’s School
- Wildwood School
- Dress for Success
- Little Sisters of the Poor
- Many, many local churches
CLEAN OUT YOUR CLOSETS FOR CHARITY
As part of our ongoing commitment to supporting local charities, Best Cleaners has introduced Clean Out Your Closets for Charity. The concept is simple: you clean out your closets and bring your gently used items to your local Best Cleaners (Delivery clients can include your donations with your regular pick up). We’ll professionally clean, package, and deliver your items to the appropriate organization. Agencies that will benefit from our combined efforts include:
- Cinderella Project, a project which recognizes that prom is a milestone in a girls’ life, rewarding accomplishments like hard work and staying in school by making sure every girl gets to have memories of prom.
- Coats for Kids, an important community campaign designed to provide gently used warm outerwear to local kids in need.
- Dress for Success, promotes the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support, and the career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
- The Food Pantries, a network of 50 local food pantries and distribution points including churches, Goodwill, etc.
The items that make ideal donations include prom dresses, bridesmaid dresses, wedding dresses, professional attire (both male and female), coats for all ages, bedding, linens, shoes, and handbags.
We hope you’ll choose to make a difference today by Cleaning Out Your Closets for those in need.